Last Updated: October 11, 2022
We want mayk.it to be a brave place for self-expression through songs. To do so our Community Guidelines are the guiding principles for keeping our community positive on mayk.it. In order to create and maintain this type of community, we will remove any public content that violates our Community Guidelines.
- Violence: You may not threaten or insinuate a desire for violence against an individual or a group of people. We also prohibit the glorification of violence or inciting violence.
- Terrorism/violent extremism: You may not threaten or promote terrorism or violent extremism.
- Child sexual exploitation: We have zero tolerance for child sexual exploitation.
- Sexually explicit content: You may not record and/or distribute audio of sex acts.
- Abuse/harassment: You may not engage in the targeted harassment of someone, or incite other people to do so. This includes wishing or hoping that someone experiences physical harm.
- Hateful conduct: You may not promote violence against, threaten, or harass other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, caste, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or serious disease.
- Suicide or self-harm: You may not promote, glorify, encourage, or describe the act of suicide or self-harm.
- Illegal or certain regulated goods or services: You may not use our service for any unlawful purpose or in furtherance of illegal activities or to promote such things. This includes selling, buying, or facilitating transactions in illegal goods or services, as well as certain types of regulated goods or services.
- Private information: You may not publish or post other people's private information (such as home phone number and address) without their express authorization and permission. We also prohibit threatening to expose private information or incentivizing others to do so.
- Impersonation: You may not impersonate individuals, groups, or organizations in a manner that is intended to or does mislead, confuse, or deceive others.
- Platform/experience manipulation: You may not use mayk in a manner intended to artificially amplify or suppress information or engage in behavior that manipulates or disrupts people’s experience on mayk. We want mayk to be a place where people can make human connections and express themselves freely and safely. To make that possible, we do not allow spam or other types of platform manipulation. We define platform manipulation as using mayk to engage in bulk, aggressive, or deceptive activity that misleads others and/or disrupts their experience. Platform manipulation can take many forms and our rules are intended to address a wide range of prohibited behavior, including: commercially-motivated spam, that typically aims to drive traffic or attention from a conversation on mayk to accounts, websites, products, services, or initiatives; inauthentic engagements, that attempt to make accounts or content appear more popular or active than they are; coordinated activity, that attempts to artificially influence conversations through the use of multiple accounts, fake accounts, automation and/or scripting; and coordinated harmful activity that encourages or promotes behavior which violates the mayk community guidelines.
If a public song is determined to violate community guidelines it may be removed from the app or made private. However, if a song is determined to be explicit but not in violation of community guidelines, community moderators may label the song as explicit in the app.
Note: We plan to continue to collaborate with the community on evolving our guiding principles in the future to ensure we support our goal of creating a positive and collaborative space to make sure everyone is havin’ a good time. We are looking forward to collaborating with our community members to flag any songs that might be offensive or harmful for others as we have already enabled flagging, and are looking forward to expand community self-moderation features in the future. The most current version is always available at mayk.it/terms